2012 has been a great year, and we’ve been able to showcase some incredible Professional Athlete Homes. We thought what better was to ring in the new year, and thank all our viewers, by showcasing your favorite athlete homes, the Top 20 Professional Athlete Homes in 2012.
20. Coming in at #20 is retired NFL quarterback Kurt Warner, who was selling his impressive contemporary home in Paradise Valley, Arizona for $4,998,500. The huge home features a 24′ high entry foyer, outdoor Ramada with TV, a guesthouse, and an outdoor diving pool with a connecting 62′ lap pool & spa. Warner’s home also comes complete with 7 bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, 2 Master Suites, and 11,329 sq-ft. It was also scheduled to be on HGTV’s Celebrity Homes: Holiday Decorating From The Stars. Listed by Christine Donnelly of Home Smart.
19. Michael Jordan’s home in Highland Park, Illinois. The sanctuary that Jordan and his family have called home for the last 2 decades came on the market for a whopping $29M. Jordan’s Highland Park home includes 56,000 sq-ft of living area with 9 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, 4 half baths, 5 fireplaces, regulation size basketball court. Listed by Katherine Chez Malkin of Baird & Warner Real Estate.
18. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s new home he bought from Miami Dolphins lineman Vernon Carey. The Rock purchased his lavish 13,153 sq-ft home for $3.45M. The private estate is situated on a huge 96,439 sq-ft lot and features 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a gym, theater room, and resort style pool with kitchen.
17. The irreplaceable underground flower shaped home of British football star Gary Neville. This home is one of the most unique homes in the world, and is truly amazing. The 8,000 sq-ft home is mbedded into the Pennine hillside and has a roof of flora. The home has been designed to consume less energy and uses a ground source heat pump, photovoltaic panels and a wind turbine in order generate on-site renewable energy.
16. Third baseman for the Texas Rangers, Adrian Beltre, takes the #16 spot on your top favorites. Beltre’s 16,000+ sq-ft Mediterranean style home is fit for any professional athlete as it has not only it’s own private batting cage, but a small golf course, a putting green, and sand traps. There’s also tennis and basketball courts, an infinity pool, a 1,300 sq-ft pool cabana with full kitchen, and a 2,500 sq-ft guest house. Listed with Sotheby’s Realty.
15. The 2012 Masters Tournament champion Bubba Watson, put his North Carolina waterfront home on the market for $1.45M. Bubba’s 3 story contemporary home on High Rock Lake includes 2 indoor kitchens, a full outdoor kitchen, an outdoor fireplace and TV, heated salt water pool and spa, a dock, covered boat lift, double jet ski dock, and floating aluminum pier. Listed by Timothy Taylor of Tim Taylor Realty.
14. Derek Jeter has a lot of homes, one of which is his new 30,000+ sq ft Mega Mansion in Davis Islands, FL. But another one that caught a lot of attention in 2012 and came in at the #14 spot is Jeter’s Manhattan Penthouse in the Trump World Tower listed for $20M. The 5,400+ sq-ft penthouse has 4 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, a gallery, home office, media room, library/den, and expansive views of the Atlantic Ocean, Chrysler Building, Central Park, the Empire State Building, and the George Washington Bridge.
13. Ray Allen’s new Miami beachfront home, that he’s renting for $50,000 a month, and is more like a vacation getaway strolls in at #13. After Allen left Boston, and while his Massachusetts home is on the market, the Miami Heat all-star is soaking it up on his private waterfront beach along Biscayne Bay. Allen’s new home, which was on the market for $13.9M, comes with 11,533 sq-ft, 9 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, unobstructed Biscayne Bay views and a hammock.
12. Derek Jeter’s 30,875 sq-ft Mega Mansion on Davis Islands, FL also took the ranks in the Top 20 Professional Athlete Homes in 2012. It’s pretty self explanatory that this place is monstrous, but just to give you a better idea, it clocks in around the same size of a Best Buy store. The waterfront mansion has 2 expansive wings, connected by a center section, and 2 separate 3 car garages on the ends of both wings. There’s also a pool, 7 bedrooms, and 9 bathrooms.
11. Another Miami Heat super-star, LeBron James recently bought a new home in Miami Florida for $9M. As his teammate Ray Allen, LeBron’s home also overlooks Biscayne Bay. The 6 bedroom home has 12,178 sq ft, 8 1/2 baths, a guest house, infinity pool, and a dock with room enough for two 60-foot yachts.
10. Pro skateboarder Rob Dyrdek had a busy year as well buying and selling real estate, and his contemporary concrete home in LA definitely caught some attention. Dyrdek is selling the home for $2.599M, and with it he’s offering buyers 20 ft ceilings, an impressive 2-story entryway, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 4,706 sq-ft, and an outdoor pool. Listed by Laura Kellam, Prudential California Realty.
9. NFL super-star Hines Ward put his home up for sale this year too. Ward listed his luxurious 12,836 sq-ft Atlanta home for $7.5M. The home sits on a private 2 acre lot and includes 8 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, a 3 car garage, and a separate guest apartment. There’s also 2 Master Suites, full basketball court, poker room, theater room, formal sitting areas, a resort style pool with spa, a grotto fully loaded with high-def TV’s and another spa, and an outdoor kitchen. Ward’s home has also been featured in Architectural Digest and Atlanta Magazine. Listed by Andy Lacy of Lacy and Associates.
8. Terrell Owens also has multiple homes as well, and his Lithonia, GA home has everything a super-star could ever want or need. T.O.’s 6 bedrooms, 8 bathroom home also has 7,694 sq-ft with home theater, recreational room, personal gym, swimming pool, volleyball court and a full court basketball gymnasium attached to the main house.
7. Miami Heat’s Mike Miller had his Pompano Beach up for sale at $8.995M, but then decided why not sell it to the highest bidder and put it in a luxury real estate auction. Miller’s Florida oceanfront home features almost 13,000 sq-ft with 6 bedrooms, 10 baths, a 2,700 sq-ft finished outdoor area, an elevator, custom in-ground pool with swim up wet bar, and amazing Atlantic Ocean views.
6. Drew Brees hit the ranks too with his Uptown New Orleans home. Brees’ home he and his wife purchased for $1.575M comes with 4,944 sq-ft, wine cellar, den with floor to ceiling windows, a private fireplace in the master suite, and a shaded courtyard and outdoor pool.
5. And the #5 spot goes to none other than the Gold winning Olympian Michael Phelps. Phelps was also selling his home as well, and his Baltimore condo definitely had a lot to offer any buyer. The condo is just over 4,000 sq-ft and includes a combination of hardwood flooring, brick, steel, glass lined water vistas, floor to ceiling windows and breath-taking views of Baltimore. Listed by Krauss Real Property Brokerage.
4. The #4 spot goes to New England Patriots legend Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen for their $20M, 22,000 sq-ft mansion. Brady’s home took 20 months to complete and was worth the wait, as a few of his amenities includes a wine cellar, a rainwater recovery system, rooftop solar panels, weight room, nursery, butler’s room, elevator, a bridge connecting the 2 wings of the house, and a lagoon-shaped swimming pool with spa.
3. Eli Manning and his automated home in New Jersey take the #3 spot. The 3,000 sq-ft condo in Hoboken includes motorized shades, the lighting schemes, the multiroom audio, and even a stealth motorized pillar that unveils the top-shelf bar selections. There’s also wall-mounted touchscreen controllers in the kitchen, living room, master bedroom and 4 wireless touchscreens throughout the home with an ALL ON/ALL OFF button, so you can rest at ease at the end of the day knowing you didn’t leave any lights on.
2. Tiger Wood’s and his $54.5M dollar home on Jupiter Island Florida come in at #2. Tiger’s home, which is more like an estate, sit’s on 10 acres and consists of 5 buildings: the main house, a guest house, golf training studio, boathouse, and a stand along garage. There’s also tennis court, basketball court, fitness center, lap pool & diving pool, plus a pair of boats docks and plenty of opportunity on Tiger’s Florida oceanfront property to soak up all the amazing ocean views.
1. And the #1 spot goes to none other than, the man, the myth, the legend, Michael Jordan. Jordan’s Mega Mansion (which at the time of our original post, wasn’t fully completed yet), has everything a Mega Mansion should have, and everything MJ should need. The 28,000 sq-ft estate sits on 3 acres and includes 11 bedrooms, an elevator, a huge media center with ‘cigar friendly’ electronics, a giant fireplace, an athletic wing with basketball court and workout facility, a guest house, pool house, and 2-story guard house. Jordan’s waterfront home is also secured by a guard gate in front and surrounded by a wall of trees, allowing for complete privacy.
For more information about Sports Relocation, Seattle real estate & other Athlete Homes, visit my website: www.aaronjrosen.com